The Best and Brightest
The University of Alabama is always looking to hire the best and brightest in teaching, research, and service. New faculty are consistently attracted to our University’s rich and diverse history, strong emphasis on academic excellence and progressive agenda for the future.
Life at UA
More than 100 new scholars from throughout the world join the University of Alabama each year having discovered the many reasons why building an academic career at Alabama’s Capstone of higher education is so rewarding. Here are just a few of the reasons why…
- Our faculty are energized by the opportunity to teach and mentor the nation’s best and brightest young scholars – whether your measure is number of National Merit Scholars, National Achievement Scholars, National Hispanic Scholarship winners, USA Today Academic All Americans or any of a number of prestigious graduate scholars including Truman and Goldwater scholars – UA serves the best and brightest including thousands of students with the most outstanding academic credentials anywhere.
- This exciting period of growth at the Capstone has created numerous opportunities for scholars in a broad array of disciplines.
- The UA community is a welcoming, supportive environment for faculty and staff who want unique opportunities for growth intellectually in a vibrant community of scholars with abundant artistic, cultural, social, athletic, recreational and educational opportunities.
- A career at Alabama is a great opportunity to join the best and brightest, providing opportunities to work with colleagues achieving at the highest levels within their disciplines.
- The University of Alabama is a place of welcome built on the foundation that the professoriate is the heart and soul of any great university. Career satisfaction is easy to achieve in an environment that fosters collegiality, appreciates the benefits of work and family balance, emphasizes shared governance and provides support for fair and competitive compensation and benefits. In fact, The University of Alabama’s number one financial priority is support for nationally competitive faculty and staff salaries at every level.
UA is a premier public research university with outstanding leadership and an aggressive agenda for growth and excellence in all areas. Discover more about your academic discipline by visiting the Schools and Colleges sections of our web page or use the links here to access additional information about working in the dynamic University of Alabama community.