Per the UA Faculty Handbook, http://facultyhandbook.ua.edu/iv-course-requirements-and-textbooks.html, faculty are required at the beginning of each course to provide their students with an accurate syllabus.
Accessible syllabi are essential for university assessment, internal program reviews, and university-wide accreditation. OAA and the UA Graduate School remind you to upload and publish your course syllabi on the UA Online Syllabus Management System (OSM) found at http://syllabi.ua.edu/front/#/.
If you wish to create a UA OSM syllabus link to your Blackboard Learn Course site, see the UA Faculty Resource Center (FRC) instructions at the following link:
The faculty handbook states that, at a minimum, the syllabus must include the following:
- course description
- course objectives
- learning goals
- outline of topics covered for the semester
- attendance policy
- grading policy (keep in mind that graduate courses use full-letter grades)
- the policy for making up missed work
- required texts and other course material
- the Statement on Academic Misconduct
- the Statement on Disability Accommodations