Welcome New Faculty
New Faculty Orientation
Bryant Conference Center – Sellers Auditorium
Aug. 21, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
New Faculty Reception
Hosted by President and Mrs. Bell
Aug. 21, 2017
4 – 5:30 p.m.
New faculty headshots will be taken from 7:30 – 8 a.m.
and 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
***Click here to register for the New Faculty Orientation and Reception
The University of Alabama is pleased to welcome our new faculty to The Capstone. Below is the list of speakers for the Aug. 21 orientation session. All handouts and presentations will be archived here as they become available.
In addition to the New Faculty Orientation, all faculty members should attend a benefits orientation sponsored by Human Resources. Fall 2017 New Faculty Benefits Orientation Sessions are set for:
•Wednesday, Aug. 9 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
•Wednesday, Aug. 16 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
•Friday, Aug. 18 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
•Tuesday, Aug. 22 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
•Thursday, Aug. 24 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
•Monday, Aug. 28 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
You must have a UA login to register for one of these sessions. See more information and a link to the registration portal at http://hr.ua.edu/learning-development/new-employee-orientation. New faculty in management roles are encouraged to attend the management training offered by HR as well.
New Faculty Orientation is not simply a one-day event. The first-year experience for new faculty is a series of events throughout the academic year to help you learn about UA, get to know key people and develop a sense of shared community. We will be inviting you to a series of events throughout the year through the NewFac2017 listserv and posting information on events on this page.
Speaker Line-up for New Faculty Orientation
- Stuart R. Bell, President
- Kevin Whitaker, Executive Vice President & Provost
- Jennifer Greer, Associate Provost
- Patty Sobecky, Associate Provost
- Teresa Wise, Associate Provost, International Education & Global Outreach
- Susan Carvalho, Associate Provost, Dean of the Graduate School
- Mildred Jackson, Sr. Associate Dean, University Libraries
- Meagan Bennett, Marketing & Communications Manager, Office of Information Technology
- Donna Meester, President, Faculty Senate
- David Grady, Vice President, Student Life
- Carl Pinkert, Vice President, Research & Economic Development
- Luoheng Han, Associate Provost
- Linda Bonnin, Vice President for Strategic Communications
- Norma Lemley, Counsel, University of Alabama System
- Beth Howard, Coordinator, Title IX
- Vanessa Goepel, Assistant Director, Disability Services
- Kenneth Foshee, University Registrar
- Carolyn MacVicar, Coordinator, Health Promotion & Wellness
- Rick Dowling, Coordinator, Faculty Development, Faculty Resource Center
- Teresa Shreve, Director, University Supply Store
- Lorne Kuffel, Executive Director, Institutional Research & Assessment
- Stacy Jones, Associate Dean, Office of Dean of Students
- Sandra Abrams, Assistant Director of Benefits, Human Resources
- Heather Clayton, Manager, Health Promotion & Wellness
- Rick Streiffer, Dean, College of Community Health Sciences
- Lane McLelland, Director, Crossroads Community Center
- Jim McLean, Executive Director, Center for Community-Based Partnerships
Community Services, Lifestyle Resources and Other Links
- Alabama Credit Union
- Arboretum Brochure
- Bama Cash Locations
- Bama Cash Payroll Deduction
- Center for Academic Success
- Center for Instructional Technology
- Compliance Training and Skillport
- Graduate Parent Support
- History of Tuscaloosa
- Procurement Services
- Syllabus Instructions
- Tuscaloosa Tourism and Sports
- University Club
- University of Alabama Press
- Women and Gender Resource Center