· A faculty member must contact a host unit (i.e. department, school, etc.) that he or she wishes to visit to determine that unit’s receptivity and availability.
· The host unit should issue a letter of invitation to the visiting faculty member specifying the dates and any particular expectations of the faculty member.
· A copy of the invitation letter must be sent to both the faculty member’s home institution travel grant contact (Cheryl Leonard) and the anticipated host unit’s travel grant contact.
· Expected travel expenses should be forwarded along with the letter of invitation to Cheryl Leonard via email by August 28th, 2015 at 4:45 PM.
· You must be able to travel by the deadline of July 31st, 2016.
If awarded the following guidelines apply:
· A faculty member may visit any SEC institution.
· The visiting faculty member may consult with faculty and/or students, offer lectures or symposia, or engage in whatever activities are agreeable to the visitor and host unit.
· After the visit, the faculty member must submit a brief report to the Provost’s office describing outcomes of the visit.
· The faculty member must also provide a short bio (no more than 250 words) and headshot to their travel grant contact (Cheryl Leonard). A template will be sent after awardees are chosen and will be due by September 18th, 2015 by 4:45 PM.
· Travel must be completed by July 31st, 2016.
· Once you return from travel you must submit completed travel reimbursements to the OVPR for execution.
· Travel grant funds may only be used for travel expenses to host universities.